Megger OTS100AF Insulating Oil Test Set 100kV
The Megger OTS100AF Automatic Laboratory Insulating Oil Tester is the latest in oil test design and has replaced the Megger OTS100AF/2. This new oil test set is able to perform accurate breakdown voltage tests on mineral, ester and silicon insulating liquids. The OTS100AF offers repeatable results with lock-in precision, electrode gap adjustment. The transparent, shielded lid and large test chamber enable easy access to the test vessel. One of the fundamental tests of oil quality is the breakdown voltage test, which is a measure of the oil's ability to withstand electric stress. A low breakdown voltage can indicate the presence of contaminants such as water or conducting particles. The test voltage of the OTS 100AF is electronically controlled to the maximum of 100 kV and it has been designed to perform breakdown detection in terms of both voltage and current, which helps the range to comply with any future changes or developments in oil test standards.
All three of the OTSAF laboratory models are fitted with a 12 key alpha-numeric keypad to facilitate entry of test ID, filenames, notes etc. Test standards are preloaded in the instrument and new versions can be uploaded via USB flash drive. All laboratory models support the creation of user defined custom tests. Test results are identified either by a serial number or asset ID and are time and date stamped. An optional internal printer provides a hard copy of results. The three USB interfaces support PC connection, USB flash drive, external USB printer and barcode scanner. PowerDB Lite, Megger’s asset and data management software, is bundled at no extra cost providing an excellent tool for downloading and printing results.
User safety is paramount and Megger have designed independent and dual redundant high voltage cut-off circuitry to ensure safety. During a test the operator can terminate the process whenever they choose by pressing any button on the keyboard. All high voltage is immediately removed and the test is aborted. The transparent lid provides ample visibility within the chamber yet is protected and electrically shielded by a screen with multiple links to instrument ground.
- Tests voltages up to 100kV.
- Suitable for mineral, ester and silicon oils.
- Trip detection circuit with direct measurement of voltage and current.
- Automatic oil temperature measurement.
- Precision lockable electrode gap adjustment.
- Flat electrode gap gauges that will not damage electrodes.
- Intuitive user interface supports fully automatic operation.
- Pre-loaded international test standards.
- User configurable test sequences.
- Advanced result storage including USB stick.
- Safe operation with ultra fast micro-switch HV cut-off.
- Large, easy-clean chamber with oil drain.
- Highly visible test chamber and vessel.
- Bright QVGA colour display with backlight.